Sunday 5 October 2014

Ferry Day

Manager/commander Parker and myself resume the journey with a full cooked breakfast mopped up in the usual commander like fashion.  As I suspected snoring was reported at 4 AM this morning through the wall. Last night's accommodation was adequate but as mentioned in yesterday's blog that the decor was far from my taste as The photos confirm . We make our way into Plymouth and a ride up through Yelverton amounts to a further thousand feet of climbing - on to the pit stop at Evans cycles for tyre check, new overshoes for Russ and new brake pads for me. I can't resist my temptation for a haircut of what little hair I have left and get the axe from an old girl who has seen better days but is clearly unaware they are over . We now find ourselves sat down with a pair winos on a park bench and the commander inquires as to whether we should pop to the shop and get a bottle of white lightning so they don't feel ostracised. Two hours to kill  as we wait for the ferry and as suspected lazy day but totally in context in respect of the lumps in front of us. Huge priority for cyclists on the ferry and the commander and I are first on the ferry and first in the bar. The commander as a much greater propensity for eating than drinking and I shall be watching his intake closely on this 21 hour crossing 



No comments:

Post a Comment